Thursday, February 10, 2011

Signs of the Stags....



Welcome Year of the Rabbit, the fourth animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese Zodiac. Rabbit people (born in 1915, 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, and 2011) are admired, trusted, and are often financially lucky. To celebrate the year of the Rabbit, I brought home two "money trees", also known as Pachira aquatica. It is commonly given during Chinese New Year and enhances good Feng Shui energy in the home. I don't practice Feng Shui, but I thought that the chances of me killing a low-maintenance, low-light plant are slim. I have a brown thumb, you see.

It turns out that some Chinese Zodiac signs get along better together than others. For example, the Dog (me) is most compatible with the Horse or Tiger and incompatible with the Rooster and Dragon. The Boar or Pig (John) is more compatible with a Rabbit or Goat. The Snake (Ian) gets along well with Rooster and Ox. And finally Monkey (such an appropriate sign for Lucas!) is most compatible with Rat or Dragon.... hmmmm. According to these Zodiac compatibility rules, our little household of wild animals is not very compatible. This might explain the chaos one can hear in the background when we are conversing on the phone.

On the other hand, Zodiac-Shmodiac, I think we get along just fine (most days).

No comments:

Post a Comment